Glendale Unreimbursed Business Expenses Attorney

Get Reimbursed For The Full Amount Your Employer Owes You

The Law Offices of Eric A. Boyajian, APC, Employment Lawyer in Glendale, California, has earned a reputation throughout the state for our experience and capacity to fight for workers who are not receiving the wages, salary, or reimbursement they are entitled to for their jobs.

Generally, employers must indemnify employees for all necessary expenditures or losses incurred by the employee in direct consequence of the discharge of duties.


An employer that requires employees to wear uniforms must provide and maintain the uniforms. But the question is often: What qualifies as a “uniform?”

Tools And Equipment

An employer must provide and maintain the tools and equipment required for the performance of a job. The only exception is for hand tools and equipment customarily required by the trade or craft; an employer can require an employee to provide and maintain such tools and equipment, but only if the employee is paid at least double the minimum wage. Additionally, certain tools and equipment used in beauty salons and barbershops are the employee’s responsibility. An employee may be required, as a condition of employment, to furnish his or her own vehicle to be used in the course of employment, but the employer must reimburse the employee for the use of the employee’s vehicle. The same holds true for other tools and equipment, such as cell phones, laptops, etc.

Shortage, Breakage Or Losses

An employer may not require an employee to reimburse it for any cash shortage, breakage, or loss of equipment unless it is caused by the employee’s dishonesty, willful act, or gross negligence.

Contact Us To Schedule A Time To Meet With A Lawyer

If you think you have encountered any illegal activity in the workplace, call the Law Offices of Eric A. Boyajian, APC, Employment Lawyer to discuss your circumstances. From offices in Glendale, we represent clients throughout California. Call us at 818-839-5969 or contact us by sending us a message through our contact form here.